Hi there, I’m Brooke Fujiyama, Certified Personal Trainer and Pole Dance Instructor at Elevate Training, Health & Wellness
I was born in Japan and moved to Canada as a young girl. One of my first memories was when I was at the school talent show in grade one and this little girl performed a tap dance. My mind was blown and I had never felt so excited by anything at the time. In the following years I started taking dance classes such as Tap, Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, and my favorite of all, Acrobatics! Dancing quickly became a huge passion of mine throughout my elementary and high school years. My dad was also a master of Aikido and had a dojo here, so I took Aikido classes as well. Later in life I got into pole dancing and have been passionate about it ever since. The funniest thing is my reasoning behind wanting to learn pole dancing. It was because I had moved into an area with a lot of coyotes and was unsure of what I would do if I were to ever come face to face with one. I noticed there were a lot of poles along the street, so I decided I needed to learn how to climb one. Little did I know that this would lead me to one of many facets of my career and I am no longer afraid of coyotes! As I spent more and more time honing my pole dancing and teaching skills, I began to realize how big of a part fitness plays into one’s ability and skill level. I began looking into Personal and Group Fitness instructing and received my qualifications to become a Personal Trainer.
What Elevate’s me
I just love getting to know people and helping them achieve their goals! Everyone has their own story and it’s inspiring to hear how they got to where they are and what led them to Elevate. I’m always so grateful that I get to be a part of their path to success, whatever their goals may be! There’s nothing better than helping others find a happier version of themselves!
The key word in Personal Training is “Personal”. There is no formula that works for every single person because we all have different pasts, goals, diets, body shapes, genetics… the list goes on. So, I believe in order to get the best results out of an individual, it must be tailored to the specific needs, goals, and lifestyle of the client.
My Qualifications and experience
- CFES certified Personal Trainer
- CFES certified Weight Training Instructor
- CFES certified Group Fitness instructor
- CPFA certified Pole Fitness Instructor
- Perform Better: Functional Training Series
- In Shape Training: Movement Literacy across the life span
- Integrative Balance across the life span
- Core Training across the life span
- Program Design for seniors
- Energy System Development and Conditioning
- Take your Gluteus to the Maximus
- Muskuloskeletal Testing
- Training the Tactical Athlete
- Power of Fat Burning Hormones for Weight Loss
- A Dietician’s Perspective
- Pole Fitness
- Weight Loss
- Weight Training and Body Conditioning
- TRX and Functional Exercise
- Flexibility and Balance Training
- High Intensity Interval Training
How Can I Help You
I know how intimidating it can be to first step foot into a gym. My job will be to help you feel as comfortable and welcome as possible while working towards achieving your goals to Elevate your health.
I look forward to getting the opportunity to working with you.
Brooke Fujiyama – Independent & Certified Personal Trainer at Elevate